Saturday, January 14, 2012

Out West

My family started camping in 1998 when our son was in the Cub Scouts. We started tent camping with the group and we found out that we loved it. We decided that we were going to vacation that way from then on. I always worried about staying motels and hotels anyway because of sleeping in a bed other people had been in and using a bathroom other folks had used. My husband and I decided to buy a full sized camper with a bathroom at this time. My children have loved these types of vacations and we have accummulated many memories. We have only vacationed on the east coast. I visited New Mexico in 2004. My son was in a science competition there, but we had to fly and stay in a what?... Hotel. My ultimate dream vacation is to take our camper and travel out west for about a month and visit many places. I will start this blog on the different places I would like to visit. Of course, I have to visit the Grand Canyon. People that have been there say it is a magnificent site. Hope to see it one day.

5 comments:

  1. My retirement dream is to buy a camper and travel the United States. I understand your hotel phobia, I travel with Lysol. I love your format of the blog and your picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Grand Canyon. I hiked down it once after I finished 5th grade and also my senior year in high school.

      Delete
  2. How about if I follow you at west but not in the camper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I commented on the Grand Canyon post for you Wanda. I must it done something wrong. Anyway, I love the Grand Canyon. I am from Arizona and have been there several times. However, I have not been there since they build the glass walk area. I imagine it is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, My family has also been a camping family for many years. We too have thousands of wonderful memories that we still share when we are able to all gather together. I also want to visit the West but have never had the opportunity. I am hoping that when my husband and I retire from teaching that we can travel together.

    ReplyDelete