Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Out West- Crazy Horse

I have heard so much about the Crazy Horse Memorial. From my research, it is located in Custer County, South Dakota. I also understand that this memorial or monument has been in the construction mode since 1948. I am very anxious to see it.
Crazy Horse was a mighty Lakota Indian war leader. He fought against the US Federal Government to preserve to life of the Lakota Indians. He was also one of the main leaders in the war party at the Battle of the Little Big Horn. You can find out more about Crazy Horse at this site:


I think my next stop will be another monument close by and I don't think I will need to move the camper. Bet you can guess it. Tune in to my next blog.
Oh, by the way the picture came from wikipedia.

5 comments:

  1. I heard of Crazy Horse, from my husband. History is one of his interests. I do not know as much as I should about this part of history of the United States. All I know is what I have learned from my husband and what I have seen in movies. Thank you for posting the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you decide where you all will travel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, I opened your link to new autism definition. I am very interested in special education issues. In the past, I have had students with a number of disabilities or learning disorders. This year I have a student who is autistic, however, he is under the 504 umbrella. According to this article, students who are 504 will have to be evaluated and school districts will have to provide special education services, if necessary. My students is very bright. He is highly functional. I am sure that as soon as his mother learns of the new definition, she is going to push for a new evaluation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents have been so called "snow birds" since they retired. Now in their 80's they are still on the road. They have traveled most of the west part of the country, just keeping ahead of the cold weather. To help with Ca Tia' question they get a lot of ideas from others on the road. What to see, where the best camp areas are and with people their age where the best values ares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,
      I read your response to my blog. I hope that my husband and myself will be able to still travel when we reach our 80's. As I get on the road, I hope to get some tips on some good campgrounds and other areas to see.

      Delete